I stumbled upon Unprecedented Soul‘s recent post on The Liebster Award this morning (congratulations by the way, Sonum!) to find that she had nominated me for the award as well! When I started this blog about two weeks ago now, I didn’t even know you could receive awards that recognise your efforts. Alas, they do, and it feels pretty sweet to be nominated for an award.
The Liebster Award is an award which comes to the aid of new bloggers, much like myself, to give them recognition for their hard work. This award does not entail one singular award to the ‘Best Newbie Blogger on the Block’; it infact does the complete opposite. The Liebster Award encourages bloggers with less than 200 followers to interact together, support eachother in their new journeys and show love. Hence the word ‘Liebster’ in the name of the award – a German word meaning beloved.
1. You must thank the blogger who nominated you – because that is most important!
2. Answer the questions from your nominator!
3. Nominate up to 11 bloggers who have less than ‘200 followers’
4. Create 11 new questions to ask your nominees
5. Notify your nominees through their blogs and/or social media
1. What is it that encouraged you, or motivated you to start up a blog?
I had wanted to start up a blog for a couple of years, however when I had attempted, I had never stuck at it. I always put it down to it not being the right time. Still, I carried on getting inspiration from other bloggers out there and continued to keep up with their posts. Last Autumn, I became rather ill and ended up getting quite deeply down in the dumps. I lost motivation for a lot of things, things that I thought I loved a lot, that I had passion for. That was when I realised that I needed to do something about it – to put the spark back in my life. Immediately, I thought of starting up a blog. Co-incidingly, I have actually felt so much better since starting this blog. I feel more alive and engaged in the world again. Sorry that this wasn’t the typical answer anyone expected, but hey, it’s the truth!
2. What are the things that make you most happy, or smile?
Jack – my wonderful boyfriend – and everything he does for me; my family – especially when my Mom smiles, which has been a lot more recently; car journeys to new places; bacon and honey sandwiches; writing this blog; and one more – taking photographs.
3. If you could visit one place in the world, where would it be?
Right now, it would be Italy. Got a bit of a fascination with Italy at the moment after reading Eat, Pray, Love.
4. If you had the chance to change something, what would it be, and why?
I don’t think I would change anything, because everything that has happened has made me who I am today. I was thinking about saying that I wish I hadn’t of picked English Literature and Education last year when I first came to university, but without that choice, it may have altered my future. I may not have met Jack the first time around, or any of the lovely friends I have made starting a new degree this time around. Everything happens for a reason.
5. What is your favourite colour?
Green. Or yellow. Sunshine yellow is always good. 🙂
6. If you were deserted on a desert island, what would be the three most important things you would take with you?
Hmm. Jack, food, and medication for our ailments haha. We’d probably go on expeditions to find water sources, which I reckon Jack would be good at seen as though he studies Environmental Earth Science, so maybe not taking water wouldn’t pose a problem.
7. Do you prefer a movie night in with hot choc and chick flicks; or a night out getting a little merry and dance till your drop?
Night in! I’m getting old (I’m 19, haha). A reoccurring theme of my nights in at the moment seem to be hot chocolate and another episode of Hannibal.
8. If you could have one pet from any animal/species in the world, what would it be?
A lion, but tamed obviously. I can just imagine falling asleep snuggled up next to it, with it’s big paw over my shoulder. As well as the fact that if someone threatened me whilst giving it a walk (imagine that), my lion would roar and the person would run away instantly. Best friends for life.
9. Do you have any hobbies?
Taking photographs, writing this blog, reading books, watching Gossip Girl so slowly on Netflix that it’ll never end and I won’t be left with that ‘it’s over, what do I do with my life now’ empty feeling inside.
10. If you had the chance to meet someone famous, who would you want to meet, and why?
I quite honestly don’t know. This is hard. Perhaps Ella from Deliciously Ella; she could teach me how to cook properly and healthily! On a real note, she is very inspirational. For those of you that don’t know, Ella managed to transform her life, after getting a debilitating medical diagnosis, with food. She made healthier choices and after a while managed to come off all of her medication. Amazing.
11. What are your plans/aspirations for the future?
Right now, career wise – I am none the wiser. I am enjoying my degree, but I have also realised that although it is great to have a path to work toward, I also believe that having an open mind and allowing experiences to come together naturally will enable me with the chance to end up in a career that I am most happy in, than if I were to pinpoint a specific career path right now which may end up being the wrong one. However, in other areas of my life, I would love to go travelling with Jack and friends after university, try my hand at a few different jobs, carry on with this blog, spend as much time with my family as I possibly can, create my own family, and experience as much as I can, because…well, we all know that life is short.
1. Stephanie, my older sister, from ‘A World Worth Exploring’
1. What is your main goal in life?
2. A world with technology or a world without?
3. If, for a job, you had to dress up as either a hotdog or a burger, and then parade around on the street, which would you pick and why?
4. Where in the world would you most like to live?
5. Name a friend that has helped you tremendously so far?
6. Something that you wish you had never given up on?
7. Favourite meal?
8. Guilty pleasure?
9. Spice Girls or One Direction?
10. Favourite girls name and favourite boys name?
11. What are you doing right now? Describe all of the senses (smell, touch, sight, etc.)